dCache is modular project and consists of domains and cells. This page contains links to other parts of the wiki based upon server component, this page plus the index allow you to find most of the pages within the dcache wiki. dCache has many clients which will not be dealt with on this page.
dCache Server Components
- Location Manager
- Name server
- PNFS Manager domain
- http domain
- Utility domain
- Info Service,
- Info Provider,
- PoolManager domain
- ReplicaManager/ResilientManager Component.
- SpaceManager cell.
- SrmSpaceManager component.
- CopyManager Component.
- The Admin door
- srm door
- try out a full dCache 1.8 + Chimera inside a Virtual machine on your Desktop with dCacheToGo
- Installation details in addition to a regular one
- Greig Cowans Testing Pages
- VO configuration (Atlas, LHCb) for PPS at IN2P3
- RetentionPolicy and AccessLatency tags in the old PNFS tree subdirectories
- the outrageously complex configuration files and avoiding errors
- Setting Tomcat logging level.
- Run SRM 1.9.6 or later in a distributed configuration powered by Terracotta.
- dcap door
- gsiftp door
- gsidcap door
- xrootd door
- http door
- srm door
- Tape System Protection
- Tape System Protection (extended)
Mass storage backends
- Using dCache clients.
- How to fix the lcg-del doesn't work problem.
- How to use the lcg_util commands with dcache.
Install and Configuration
- Laying out a new dCache instance.
- Installing dCache with YUM.
- dCacheConfigure.sh to configure dCache replacing YAIM.
- YAIM and SL4 Installing dCache with YAIM on SL4.
- Advanced YAIM and the site-info.def.
- SL4 and the grid-mapfile Installing the gridmap-file on SL4.
- Firewalls and ports used with dCache.
- The dCache jython interface.