wiki:developers-meeting-20100217
Last modified 11 years ago Last modified on 02/17/10 18:01:05

[part of a series of meetings]

Participants

Timur, Dmitry; Patrick, Irina, Jan, Paul, Owen, Tanya

Agenda

[see box to the side]

Postcards

Up to two minutes (uninterrupted) per person where they can answer two questions:

  • What I did last week (since the last meeting),
  • What I plan to do in the next week.

No questions until we get through everyone :)

Timur: bulk unpin command,

Dmitry: set permission patch, java option patch; enstore upgrade.

Irina: patch to add HSM clean to 1.9.5 branch in RB; and testing things.

Jan: work on ETICS with Owen, patches for web-admin

Paul:

Patrick: Invited to SARA; dCache day there. Meet LOFAR people and biomed people and got a list of requirements. They are SARA customers, but SARA wants to use dCache. Mainly Webdav

Owen: certification of clients (again). Clearing up Maria-related deployment and auto-testing of deployment: dCache install RPM and then upgrade you get a nasty error message and fails. Working with ETICS: UI-error placing delete and save keys together lead to deleting of work. Bugs in GGUS.

Tanya: PoolManager adaptor NFS 4.1 door, webdav door; working with Dima to get webdav working at DESY. Managing tickets.

New enstore

Does the new version of enstore overcome the large

Tested with 30,000 requests in the queue; deployed in C?? and failed to saturate it.

Big change: servers will be made multi-threaded.

Status of work for 1.9.5

A (quick?) review of activity needed for the 1.9.5 release

adler32 client is broken

https://gus.fzk.de/ws/ticket_info.php?ticket=55507

Looks like a classpath problem.

Dmitry to look into it.

Owen's patch

Corrects permission on YAIM ruby script: chmod +x

New release

Fermi upgrade two weeks from now.

Paul will make a release of 1.9.5 server tomorrow (Thursday).

Status of work for 1.9.6

A (quick?) review of activity needed for the 1.9.6 release

1.9.6-3 already running in Juelich. We'll suggest that this version is installed at DESY.

Gerd's suggesting 1.9.6 for production: marking this as green.

Status of work for Trunk (a.k.a future 1.9.7)

A (quick?) review of activity needed for the 1.9.7 release

SRM prepare to put / abort

Owen: due to a panic at CERN .. re-certification of the clients. This lead us to deploy 1.9.5-15, first deployment of the 1.9.5-

SRM abort request.

Timur: we expected that prepareToPut may be aborted.

Tigran's S2 tests done on Hudson appears to pass.

Owen: to investigate further and forward the information to Timur.

RT ticket ...

Issues from yesterday's Tier-1 meeting

SRM consistency

Dmitry will investigate the recovery procedure.

Gerard asked about whether we could have some kind of self-consistency in space-manager.

What to do with tomcat in 1.9.7

Suggestion: we switch support for the Jetty-based SRM in the /opt/d-cache/bin/dcache and install.sh, keep the SRM-tomcat specific startup and install scripts, and document how to install and start/stop the Tomcat-based SRM.

Sites will use Jetty by default, but those that wish to use tomcat can continue to do so.

New configuration

Gerd's new wonder-config system.

How do we go forward?

Outstanding RT Tickets

[This is an auto-generated item. Don't add items here directly]

RT 5424: Setting Java options for dCache SRM

Timur has reviewed Dmitry's patch to fix this issue.

RT 5461: pool startup problem - out of memory

Gerd not available for comment.

RT 5502: Peculiar problem

(Ron's LOFAR ticket)

Dmitry/Timur? to look into it carefully.

Review of RB requests

Check 1.9.6 in review board.

DTNM

Proposed: same time, next week.