wiki:developers-meeting-20100224
Last modified 11 years ago Last modified on 02/24/10 17:47:56

[part of a series of meetings]

Participants

Timur, Dmitry; Jan, Paul, Tanya

Agenda

[see box to the side]

Postcards

Up to two minutes (uninterrupted) per person where they can answer two questions:

  • What I did last week (since the last meeting),
  • What I plan to do in the next week.

No questions until we get through everyone :)

Timur: updating deployment to take advantage of new simpler configuration. More testing underway. Dmitry:

Breaker melt-down: resulted in Fapl.

18th

Set permissions:

PIC recovery procedure can't be tested yet.

Jan: Patches for web-admin, security + wicket investigation. Started using spring. ETICS work.

Owen: working with ETICS.

Paul:

Tanya: Poster for Patrick for Dresden, exception handling in webdav door CSS, rewrite the dcap door with a view to unify and using spring.

Irina: ACL issue of webdav door: 1.9.6-3 and in Trunk. Work-in-progress. Difference with how webdav deals with ACLs compared with other doors.

Status of work for 1.9.5

A (quick?) review of activity needed for the 1.9.5 release

Clients

Dmitry and Timur have done work to get the clients to work with DPM. Patch in ReviewBoard? to add support for sending/requesting checksums only if the remote end supports checksums. This should fix the problem with transfers failing with DPM.

We should wait until that patch is in before doing another client release.

Dmitry to follow up the issue of srmclient warnings from old version log4j

Feature parsing in JGlobus needed updating. Timur also added support for checking checksum

Owen would like a new release of clients as soon as this is committed.

Status of work for 1.9.6

A (quick?) review of activity needed for the 1.9.6 release

No issue.

Status of work for Trunk (a.k.a future 1.9.7)

A (quick?) review of activity needed for the 1.9.7 release

Dmitry: need to commit the patch VO-role / VO-group matching. Gerd suggests using globbing instead of full regular expression. Dmitry to talk to OSG-Tanya about using globbing.

When do we do the release?

Plan is to cut 1.9.7 branch on 1st March 2010, then try to stabilise it before release of 1.9.7-1.

Issues from yesterday's Tier-1 meeting

Files missing from space token

ATLAS and FZK are suffering. Doris has reported this as RT #5522.

root vs xroot

A quick update

Look at adding support in Doors to publishing multiple LoginBrokerInfo? objects.

Outstanding RT Tickets

[This is an auto-generated item. Don't add items here directly]

RT 5424: Setting Java options for dCache SRM

Done: don't need to discuss this any more.

RT 5461: pool startup problem - out of memory

Waiting on Gerd's input on this one; discuss this one next week.

RT 5489: kerberos-dcap, gplazma

Timur to give suggestion about how they do this at Fermi.

Timur has tested this with gPlazma running as a cell, but using the kpwd module.

RT 5490: kerberos, encryption

Same configuration is used at Fermi.

Do the standard FTP client/servers that comes with krb5 support additional cyphers?

RT 5502: Peculiar problem

Timur to look at Ron's replies and ask some more questions .. but this is looking more like a problem with PnfsManager or Chimera.

Review of RB requests

DTNM

Proposed: same time, next week.