wiki:developers-meeting-20100519
Last modified 11 years ago Last modified on 05/19/10 17:33:09

[part of a series of meetings]

Participants

Gerd, Timur, Dmitry, Antje, Tigran, Jan, Pau Irina, Tanya, Owen

Agenda

[see box on the right-hand side]

Postcards

Up to two minutes (uninterrupted) per person where they can answer two questions:

  • What I did last week (since the last meeting),
  • What I plan to do in the next week.

Owen

1.9.5-19 through ETICS. Having an issue with SRM server but may know how to solve it.

Irina

Last preparations for tape-protection extended version. PIC deploying it.

Tanya

Managing tickets, pool patch.

Thomas

Protocol request messages support in xrootd door

Dmirty

Space Manager to use Subject

Space Manager sends message to PoolManager for linkgroup selection.

Timur

Submitted abstract to CHEP.

Started work on configuration RPM at CDF> not dCache development patche

Gerd

Busy tacking the dcap door apart and putting it back together again.

Login strategy for dcap door.

(Submitted CHEP paper last week)

Ante

Reading and learning.

Tigran

1.9.8-1, 1.9.5-19, 1.9.5- EXPERIMENTAL release PIC + cleanups of pools, etc

Jan

gPlazma as a module patch + web-admin page.

Paul

gPlazma plans

Next step 2. implement gPlazma loader: paul

2.3 gPlasma strategy + unit tests: Timur Configuration parser: Timur ... working on this after CDF update work has completed.

2.3.1 Configuration parser: Timur

Plugin loader interface.

Jan implement one of the plugins.

Cell part of gPlazma: Gerd will look into.

Plugin implementation: an example needed for others to follow.

Session Attribute: put these in commons, the whole attributes directory.

Not yet move Subject to commons.

Timur: wouldn't it be a good idea for Jan to write a similar document for the password authentication.

x509Principal instead of GlobusPrincipal?

Need to check String form of DN

password plugin should be based kpwd

GridFTP parallel streams

Owen thanks Gerd for fixing the issue.

Could we do with a better error message:

"not enough EOD markers" doesn't indicate.

With ten client issue 17, it is failing at 11.

What's the result with UberFTP? Probably the same result.

For a small file, it's doesn't have time to establish enough

EODC end-of-data channel message from client to server sent before closing the channel.

Best plan is to fail the transfer and give a better error message.

Arc has their own client, based on the Globus library.

OSG? Don't know what client they're using.

Storm client using globus-url-copy

globus-url-copy no longer included in SL5

Plans for patch-releases

Should we make a new patch release?

Trunk activity

Progress with new features...

Tanja and Tigran working on the pool

Issues from yesterday's Tier-1 meeting

Outstanding RT Tickets

[This is an auto-generated item. Don't add items here directly]

RT 5587: srm deletion on 1.9.5-11

Review of RB requests

DTNM

Proposed: same time, next week.