wiki:developers-meeting-20100721
Last modified 11 years ago Last modified on 07/21/10 17:21:09

[part of a series of meetings]

Participants

Thomas; Jan, Paul, Owen, Antje, Tanja; Dmitry

Agenda

[see box on the right-hand side]

Postcards

Up to two minutes (uninterrupted) per person where they can answer two questions:

  • What I did last week (since the last meeting),
  • What I plan to do in the next week.

No questions until we get through everyone :)

Thomas: Still doing work on xrootd mover. Leaks and races. Bootstrapping of dCache. May have a way of getting rid of DCACHE_HOME

Jan: cells services page. Now working on pool admin page; select a poolgroup and sends a command to all pools of this poolgroup (or a subgroup).

Irina: Struggling with a strange ticket about ACL inheritance looses the ordering of the ACEs. Don't see any differences between databases. No work yet on gPlazm's map and reversemap.

Paul: dcap and the usual.

Owen: dCacheConfigure .. getting towards the end. Packaged and configuring dCache so a single node works. Still need to look into gPlazma and info system. (Owen to go on holiday for 1.5 week)

Antje: Making releases with Tigran. Documenting of release- and testing- processes; holiday and tickets.

Tanja: Tickets, making releases, running NFS 4.1 tests. Reading NFS spec. and reading code: some tests are failing. Looking towards making a fix for the problems.

Tao: working with Timur on plotting modules. Decided to change the interface and getting it ready for review and submission.

Dmitry: Continue to work on Chimera integration with enstore. Test-instance with enstore (configured with null-movers). In enstore there is a service that allows you to intercept calls to ... and execute them. The client will talk to the agent, which is running on the system. The agent has access to the mounted filesystem.

Next step is to test with an enstore instance connected to the real robot. Will convert this from PNFS to Chimera and run the agent to test the code.

Also looked at a couple of tickets. "ACLs and SRM" RT ticket 5641. Patch 2151 submitted to remove Subject from message to PnfsManager.

Plans for patch-releases

Should we make a new patch release?

Plan to release 1.9.9 after Gerd's feedback.

Dmitry's patch may trigger release of 1.9.5, 1.9.7..1.9.9

Trunk activity

Progress with new features...

Tao to submit interface to ReviewBoard? soon.

Running dCache as non-root by default

Owen to look into this, after dCacheConfigure is done.

Pool UUIDs

Looking into this in context dCacheSetup.

If a site-admin chooses to name pools based on their hostnames then the pools become tied to a pool.

There's two attributes: computer-assigned name, user-supplied name.

Legacy pools (without UUID) would take pool name as UUID.

Noone objected .. Owen to follow this discussion up with Gerd and others on RT-ticket / mailing list.

dCacheBook

Antje had a look at the new version of the dCache book (web pages). Found some things that needed to be changed. Thomas had already done these changes.

Thomas to try to deploy new version. Contact Paul if there's problems.

In the future, look at adding SVN hook to rebuild dCacheBook on commit.

Issues from yesterday's Tier-1 meeting

Outstanding RT Tickets

[This is an auto-generated item. Don't add items here directly]

One related to Ted (gPlazma problem with SCAS). Dmitry going to talk to Ted about this ticket.

Review of RB requests

DTNM

Proposed: same time, next week.