wiki:developers-meeting-20100901
Last modified 11 years ago Last modified on 09/01/10 17:49:07

[part of a series of meetings]

Participants

Thomas; Christian, Jan, Paul, Tigran, Patrick, Gerd; Timur, Dmitry.

Agenda

[see box on the right-hand side]

Postcards

Up to two minutes (uninterrupted) per person where they can answer two questions:

  • What I did last week (since the last meeting),
  • What I plan to do in the next week.

No questions until we get through everyone :)

Plans for patch-releases

Should we make a new patch release?

Antje is working to release next 1.9.9 as 1.9.9-3. Can we make it green ? Yes.

If tests started yesterday or today then release should be by Friday.

Can we also release the 1.9.7 and 1.9.8 branches? These will follow when 1.9.9 has been released.

Trunk activity

Progress with new features...

Expect to have a branch for 1.9.10 in two weeks from now. If you have something you want to get in, please be aware of this.

Issues from yesterday's Tier-1 meeting

PNFS was new bottleneck in Terracotta-SRM. Switching to Chimera gave 3x speed improvement.

In testing, FNAL found they could achieve 15 Hz with PNFS and 50 Hz with Chimera. Added a dry-run command to the SRM client so that it collects the TURL for the transfer and then throws it away ... multiple sequential requests from the same JVM, 900 clients running in 150 nodes.

Noticed a slightly decrease performance with multiple nodes (with Terracotta), but we do see scaling with nodes.

Timur to send a link to

Timur has talked to BNL last Thursday.

SRM-ls and SRM ping will definitely scale.

Have given BNL new client that can push the SRM better (with dry-run option and multiple operations with a single invocation).

Gerd to send FNAL-people his setup used to test dCache+Chimera performance during Prague CHEP.

Outstanding RT Tickets

[This is an auto-generated item. Don't add items here directly]

RT 5796: feature request: crc onflush

Need to talk to Dima about this.

RT 5797: feature request: reload of certificates

There is a problem with dcap doors and SRM has a problem with certificate, also a problem for the FTP door.

Asynchronous GSI connector will also solve this; creating the security context for each connection .. may need to add some caching here.

The problem Dima complained about is located in gPlazma. We need to check this.

Need to talk to Dima about this further, to understand what's going in.

RT 5825: race condition problem

Tigran thinks that the linkgroupauthorition file. Ron has two entries that match the request. If the wrong link-group is selected then this linkgroup has no pools that select for this request.

Fixed in trunk (and 1.9.9? )

Maybe make a work-around for 1.9.5; for example, sort the output from the db-query so that star-selection is selected last .. only selected if no other selection is available.

Review of RB requests

DTNM

Proposed: same time, next week.