wiki:developers-meeting-20110223
Last modified 10 years ago Last modified on 02/23/11 17:51:12

[part of a series of meetings]

Participants

Dmitry, Christian, Antje, Tanja, Paul, Karsten, Patrick

Agenda

[see box on the right-hand side]

Postcards

Up to two minutes (uninterrupted) per person where they can answer two questions:

  • What I did last week (since the last meeting),
  • What I plan to do in the next week.

No questions until we get through everyone :)

Dmitry: last week spent time project-management training. Looking at the Iserael CA problem. Ask for tomcat settings from BNL. The user cannot connect to BNL but can connect to test system at Fermi (1.9.5 and trunk) so we don't know what.

Christian: all Hudson machines were unavailable because of Java upgrade In prep. for an EMI training session (preparing a Windows machine for that). Some EMI meetings. Still not building in ETICS, so not in EMI-1 RC0. dccp man page.

Antje: Documentation, fixing the book. Playing with virtual machines to understand dcap, gsidcap, ..

Tanja: completely rewritten NFS patch about multiple transfers (multiple movers for a single transfer). Needs testing and Tigran to have a look. Fighting GGUS and tickets. Talking with Oleg about experiences with WebDAV.

Paul: GLUE2. /opt/d-cache/bin/dcache check-config. Also, Gerd fixed pin-manager.

Karsten: finally committed VORoleMap patch and two dependent ones. Started working on other configuration patches for gPlazma. Started working on the KPWD plugin.

Patrick: We got a new person EU person at DESY, so we need to go through the paperwork again. WLCG workshop prep. Goettingen workshop prep.

Gene: nothing to report.

Plans for patch-releases

Should we make a new patch release?

No immediate plans.

Trunk activity

Progress with new features...

New pin-manager: tested by NDGF and Dmitry.

VORole-map plugin now in gPlazma2. Unit tests patch.

Tigran provided an LDAP plugin: still in ReviewBoard?.

Username-password plugin: Karsten has started

Monday: ping Gerd to ask about username+passwd login for WebDAV.

Scalability SRM patches will not be ready.

Super release notes

Gerd has started work on producing the 1.9.5-to-1.9.12 release notes.

Issues from yesterday's Tier-1 meeting

Overwrite dccp -X ioqueue=dccp you can specify the queue. This injects an option into the open command to specify the io queue to use.

This may be to limit the number of concurrent dccp operations, as they take up much more IO than ROOT I/O.

Issues from EMI

You give a release-candidate to the test-bed. (e.g. EMI1-RC0). This is installed on the test-bed. PT client tests their client against services provides by the test-bed.

Still unable to build in ETICS. Will try to get local builds working with the client.

Training sessions are being organised with Adobe Connect.

EGI wants to use the EMI test-bed as a resource for their training exercises.

Current Golden Release schedule is driven by EMI schedule? Yes.

Lifetime of EMI-1 ? "At least one year" but that doesn't make sense. In should span the break and at least into the next run.

.. 2012 Run 1.

2012 -- 2013 break of 1 year.

2013 -- ? Run 2 Run of 19 months

Support for 1.9.5 should end to Christmas 2011 .. specifically, the end of the Technical Break.

All the Tier-1s are happy with this (except Fermi).

BNL will even migrate to Chimera.

Dmitry to talk to Jon to clarify the changes between 1.9.5--1.9.12.

(see film: Best in Show.)

Outstanding RT Tickets

[This is an auto-generated item. Don't add items here directly]

Tomcat config and batch files. Try to install the CA certificates etc from BNL and try to reproduce the problem.

We have some other reports WRT BNL. osg-rsv project has a probe running out of cron spawns some perl-nasty to run SRM to collect information and store it at Fermi. This fails for BNL but, if you by-pass the perl-nasty and run the command yourself then the command is successful.

RT things

GGUS, email every few days.

Review of RB requests

Everyone's happy.

DTNM

Proposed: same time, next week.