wiki:developers-meeting-20140305
Last modified 4 years ago Last modified on 03/05/14 15:38:02

[part of a series of meetings]

Participants

Christian, Karsten, Tigran, Patrick, Gerd, Al, Dmitry

Agenda

[see box on the right-hand side]

Postcards

Up to two minutes (uninterrupted) per person where they can answer two questions:

  • What I did last week (since the last meeting),
  • What I plan to do in the next week.

No questions until we get through everyone :)

Christian: dCache UserWorkshop? preparation, cleaning up pcells logging -> new pcells release soon.

Karsten: Seminar ProjectManagement?, SmallFiles?, CDMI Test System

Tigran: nfs client kills server for single client. Working on Xaviers Ticket concerning missing pools for staging. Cleaning up tests.

Gerd: Working on TURL, feature complete now, some IPv6 stuff

Patrick: Trying to find way though Horizon2020, next week there will be a meeting between DIRAC and "S3"(?). Attempting to get us in as storage.

Al: Moving formward with RelicaManager?. Posted a patch and brought up some discussion about what way to go. More to come.

Dmitry: Organisational Work, consulting people about dCache, NFS4.1, Unix Permissions, ACL, ... Prepared tests for SRM XACML. Tested with IPv6.

Plans for patch-releases

Should we make a new patch release?

No pull requests, so probably nothging urgent.

NStore support

Christian: dCache 2.6 does not support NStore, PIC wants to upgrade dCache, but needs NStore. Patrick: 2.2 will be supported until 2.10 is released in July. We will fix 2.6 and inform them as soon as that is done.

Trunk activity

Progress with new features...

TURLs

This fixes a lot of small issues, mostly error cases, that can now be handled much cleaner now.

Tigran: Some people use the TURLs to connect via a different door Gerd: This is not "allowed", and won't work anymore.

Chimera dump

Kai Leffhahn agreed to contribute to the tool, if we let him know about chimera schema changes. Paul is following up on the output format breaking compatibility with syncat. Patrick: There are different versions for CMS and Atlas, because of their different interpretation of the standard.

We should have a definite place to download this tool.

Issues from [FIXME: Add link to yesterday's Tier-1 meeting]

Patrick: People are complaining about pool to pool transfers Dmitry: pool2pool contributes to accounting. It could be that p2p "hides" actual transfers

Issues from EMI

no

New or noteworthy

Workshop registration is open now, Taipeh Workshop,

Outstanding RT Tickets

[This is an auto-generated item. Don't add items here directly]

Review of RB requests

DTNM

Proposed: same time, next week.