Changes between Version 1 and Version 2 of developers-meeting-20140305


Ignore:
Timestamp:
03/05/14 15:38:02 (6 years ago)
Author:
karsten
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • developers-meeting-20140305

    v1 v2  
    44 
    55= Participants = 
    6  
    7  
     6Christian, Karsten, Tigran, Patrick, Gerd, Al, Dmitry 
    87 
    98= Agenda = 
     
    1918No questions until we get through everyone :) 
    2019 
     20Christian: dCache UserWorkshop preparation, cleaning up pcells logging -> new pcells release soon. 
     21 
     22Karsten: Seminar ProjectManagement, SmallFiles, CDMI Test System 
     23 
     24Tigran: nfs client kills server for single client. Working on Xaviers Ticket concerning missing pools for staging. Cleaning up tests.  
     25 
     26Gerd: Working on TURL, feature complete now, some IPv6 stuff 
     27 
     28Patrick: Trying to find way though Horizon2020, next week there will be a meeting between DIRAC and "S3"(?). Attempting to get us in as storage. 
     29 
     30Al: Moving formward with RelicaManager. Posted a patch and brought up some discussion about what way to go. More to come.  
     31 
     32Dmitry: Organisational Work, consulting people about dCache, NFS4.1, Unix Permissions, ACL, ...  
     33Prepared tests for SRM XACML. Tested with IPv6. 
     34 
     35 
    2136= Plans for patch-releases = 
    2237 
    2338Should we make a new patch release? 
    2439 
     40No pull requests, so probably nothging urgent. 
     41 
    2542= NStore support = 
    26 Christian 
     43Christian: dCache 2.6 does not support NStore, PIC wants to upgrade dCache, but needs NStore. 
     44Patrick: 2.2 will be supported until 2.10 is released in July. We will fix 2.6 and inform them as soon as that is done. 
     45 
    2746 
    2847= Trunk activity = 
     
    3049Progress with new features... 
    3150 
     51== TURLs == 
     52This fixes a lot of small issues, mostly error cases, that can now be handled much cleaner now. 
     53 
     54Tigran: Some people use the TURLs to connect via a different door 
     55Gerd: This is not "allowed", and won't work anymore. 
     56 
     57== Chimera dump == 
     58Kai Leffhahn agreed to contribute to the tool, if we let him know about chimera schema changes. 
     59Paul is following up on the output format breaking compatibility with syncat. 
     60Patrick: There are different versions for CMS and Atlas, because of their different interpretation  
     61of the standard. 
     62 
     63We should have a definite place to download this tool. 
     64 
    3265= Issues from [FIXME: Add link to yesterday's Tier-1 meeting] = 
     66 
     67Patrick: People are complaining about pool to pool transfers 
     68Dmitry: pool2pool contributes to accounting. It could be that p2p "hides" actual transfers 
    3369 
    3470= Issues from EMI = 
    3571 
     72no 
     73 
    3674= New or noteworthy = 
     75 
     76Workshop registration is open now, Taipeh Workshop, 
    3777 
    3878= Outstanding RT Tickets =