wiki:developers-meeting-20140319
Last modified 5 years ago Last modified on 03/19/14 16:30:08

[part of a series of meetings]

Participants

Tigran, Paul, Al, Karsten. Christian, Patrick, Dmitry

Agenda

[see box on the right-hand side]

Postcards

Up to two minutes (uninterrupted) per person where they can answer two questions:

  • What I did last week (since the last meeting),
  • What I plan to do in the next week.

No questions until we get through everyone :)

Karsten: Fixed duplicates files, attached testbed to tape

Christian: Taipei preparation, everything looks very good.

Tigran: - Worked on HTTP Problem, committed into trunk, but there is still a problem with davix.

-> DAVIX does a redirect per request instead of per file which eventually leads to pool running out of movers.

  • We still have problems with one NFS client at DESY. We see multiple writers for the same file. Trying to fix that by always redirecting the client to the same client.

Please keep Christian up to date on the DAVIX issue.

Paul: Started to look into EGI FI work, that I will be more involved in the future

Worked with Jana on her patch Worked for the Taipei and LSDMA workshop

Al: Continued working in the ReplicaManager. Exchanged ideas with Gerd. Doing some exploration and waiting for input by Gerd.

Dmitry: Had to fix issue with dCap, leading to having to rebuild it.

Discussed We might have to switch over to BouncyCastle? new version soon for XACML

Patrick: Visited Barcelona to get dCache into Horizon 2020 proposal. Trying with more proposals. Also worked on workshop preparation

Plans for patch-releases

Should we make a new patch release?

We just had 2.8.2, 2.7.8, 2.2.28 releases. There is a new patch waiting for another 2.8.

Will try to do another one from Taipei.

-> Updated the timeline diagram on the web page. Everyone please check!

Trunk activity

Progress with new features...

Java 8

Tigran: Java8 was released. Before we jump on it we should decide when to switch to it. Paul: We could start the transition with 2.12/2.13 1.5.2015 taking into consideration what SL will support in the future.

SRM Turl patch

Was committed into master. This causes files to be uploaded into a temporary directory first until a "put done" is issued which will cause the file to be committed. Competing uploads for the same file will be handled according to comfiguration and overwrite flag.

COMS

Low level parsing stuff by Gerd

FTP

We have increasing numbers of people wanting to using Globus Online. We might have to put some work into supporting their clients. For example: The GO Client expects to get md5 checksum without telling the server

Dmitry: Switching off checksums on the Globus Online Website could help Paul: But then we lose the data integrity check Tigran: There are a couple of tickets, which may be worth having a look into.

XACML

Lost functionality between 1.9.12 and now.

Dmitry: What is the status of SCAS? The parts were removed from the book, but it is exactly what we would need right now. Tigran: You will probably have to add another plugin to extract the group information Al: Or fix the XACML plugin Tigran: Will check with SCAS, but people say its deprecated otherwise will try with additional plugin Paul: Argus also uses XACML Dmitry: What does DESY use? Tigran: vorolemap

ncp/NFS

Dmitry: Some functionality (e.g., setting filesize) does not work Tigran: It should work, will check Paul: We should fix it in master first Dmitry: There could be more issues, they pop up one after another Tigran: Is there permission denied errors in the NFS server log? Dmitry: No. Tigran: Please send tcpdump Dmitry: I can also add your machine to exports file Tigran: Will send IP address

Gerd lib update patch

Paul: This seems to have caused problems with logback server Al: Will try to reproduce and provide test Tigran: What about the BouncyCastle? Al: That looked fine

Issues from [FIXME: Add link to yesterday's Tier-1 meeting]

Paul: Relatively quiet, only Xavier connecting. Asked him about his ticket (8130).

dCache and NStore

Paul: What should we tell them? Dmitry: We should try to fix it in master.

New meeting time

Did Doodle poll for new Tier-1 meetings. It looks like we should do two, i.e., a European and and American one.

Issues from EMI

-

New or noteworthy

-

Outstanding RT Tickets

[This is an auto-generated item. Don't add items here directly]

-

Review of RB requests

Paul to review and cleanup Jana's patch, first.

DTNM

Maybe next week. Dmitry and Al would like to talk to Gerd.