wiki:developers-meeting-20140409
Last modified 6 years ago Last modified on 04/09/14 16:19:50

[part of a series of meetings]

Participants

Gerd, Tigran, Karsten, Al, Christian, Paul

Agenda

[see box on the right-hand side]

Postcards

Up to two minutes (uninterrupted) per person where they can answer two questions:

  • What I did last week (since the last meeting),
  • What I plan to do in the next week.

No questions until we get through everyone :)

Karsten: Working on scaling out SmallFiles? handling onto several databases and machines

Christian: Worked on BugReporting?, will post patch very soon.

Started preparing GridKA School Hands-On Worked on dCache Workshop preparation Started looking into CN verification issue (CN's containing ",")

Tigran: jGlobus Paul : Cream are using jGlobus, too

Tigran: Spend some time helping Leonie to work on ownCLoud client for syncing. Now she is

refactoring and making things pretty. Still working on NFS issues. It is almost ready for 2.9. Today DESY upgraded Atlas instance to 2.8.3, one problem we has was restoring billing dump, taking a long time (3h).

  • Modified ownCloud so that it doesn't mix its own special files with data files.

Paul: Was down in Jülich for LSDMA meeting, meeting potential customers from different sites in Germany.

Tried to get Solaris builds to work for 2.8, 2.9. One problem was with Solaris patch command differing from Linux'. Did releases. Setting up a SAML IdP at DESY CDMI work with Jana. There will be an updated version next week Worked on 3rd party copy. Currently working on the SRM Copy.

Gerd: Spend most time on installing new machines. Migrating the DB now takes about 2h.

Committed patch to RB. Trying to finish it in the next time. Found Issue with FTP and IPv6. Client determine how door and pools communicate.

Al: Made progress on Replica Manager Prototype. There is one feature still missing, which is

to have options to configure the migration module. Also discovered that the Alarm page has issues concering deleting items. Will investigate after ReplicaManager work.

Plans for patch-releases

Should we make a new patch release?

Paul: 2.8.3, 2.7.9, 2.6.24 are just out.

Not sure yet, if to backport the NFS to 2.6 Tigran: Would like to have confirmation from Dmitry that NStore issue is solved before merging this.

All other plans are according to the usual schedule.

Paul: Will send date for 2.9 branch.

RB update

Tigran: There will be a new version with new features. The problem is that it is installed using easy_install which might break other things on the system. Also updating "the easy way" will lose our history.

The new RB Tools are able to skip uncommited changes.

Documentation

The 2.8 documentation link is broken, because we have no 2.8 book. Paul to build it.

Trunk activity

Progress with new features...

OPTS CKSM

Paul: FTP+Globus Online. Do we want to fix the GridFTP "OPTS CKSM" command? Gerd: Does it currently work with this implementation with any client? Paul: Globus Online reuses the command in a different way, causing dCache to complain

about wrong usage. Should we take the time to fix it according to the specs?

Gerd: Does anything fail with globus online because of this? Paul: no.

Will implement it supporting multiple checksums

Rewriting HSM callout

Gerd: Paul: How complete is it? Gerd: It mostly misses cancelation support, other than that it is finished apart from testing Paul: Would it make sense to have another example template? Gerd: I am planning to have a java version of the hsmcp. Maybe also to have a Groovy scripting integration.

Would be nice to have an actual tape system.

Paul: Could we the ship providers for several backends? Gerd: Yes, or ship them independently.

NFS checksum

Will change NFS to support checksums with blocks comming in out of order. Currently checksums are disabled in this case. The change will re-read the blocks from disk.

Issues from [FIXME: Add link to yesterday's Tier-1 meeting]

Xavier: Everything looks fine. They are planning to upgrade to dCache 2.10 in last quarter of the year.

8284: concering pool statistics. It works fine for CMS, but is not usable for Atlas. 8130: SRM timeout problems for "SRM bring online"

Gerd: We see some similar log messages, too. Is this really a problem or is it only the messages Paul: If they are not related to an actual problem, the messages should disappear.

Organising future meetings at 2pm, hoping for more partizipants.

dCache Workshop

Debugging Hands-On

Christian: There are many people registered for the Debugging Hands-On. Al: Preparation is on the top of the agenda as soon as Dmitry is back. Christian: Please let me know about hardware/vm requirements. Al: Will do.

New or noteworthy

-

Outstanding RT Tickets

[This is an auto-generated item. Don't add items here directly]

Review of RB requests

-

DTNM

Proposed: same time, next week.