wiki:developers-meeting-20140604
Last modified 5 years ago Last modified on 06/04/14 16:28:02

[part of a series of meetings]

Participants

Karsten, Christian, Paul, Tigran, Al, Dmitry, Gerd

Agenda

[see box on the right-hand side]

Postcards

Karsten: Tickets, dcache-star, assisting DESY dot team

Christian: dcache-cloud, own-cloud, tickets

Al: Replica Manager, rebuilding parts of it, but decided to first gather more requirements.

Worked on tickets

Dmitry: Attended some small issues, and worked with Al

Gerd: Revived a patch for bootstrapping the webdav door. Bugfixes, prparing migration of DB

Paul: Focusing on LSDMA work, preparing demonstrator day. Especially 3rd party copy with SAML and Globus Online

Fixed Release problem. Certificates expired. dCache for DataPreservation?. This might produce some patches.

Tigran: Speeding up dCache. Current state: 300f/s for 1byte files. Cleaning up patches

Trying to fix davix library support. Running with trypical Atlas job, and NFS was much faster than http, but needs futher checking. Also some ownCloud client fixing. Still needs more work.

Up to two minutes (uninterrupted) per person where they can answer two questions:

  • What I did last week (since the last meeting),
  • What I plan to do in the next week.

No questions until we get through everyone :)

Plans for patch-releases

Should we make a new patch release?

Little delayed because of the voms issue. Will be out on Thursday.

There is still a patch needed for the next srmclient release, but that's not worked on, yet. For EMI (Java6) will do another 2.2 release, that should contain the patch as well.

Gerd: Which version of the SRMClient should we publish on our webpage?

Paul: Could we have the client as a separate package?

I am worried about server and client having different release cycled.

Gerd: we can keep 2.2 for EMI and release other version based on 2.9 (lastest stable)

Tigran: Making Server and Client decoupled would lead to other parts of dCache to be decoupled, too

That would cause some major changes in the structure.

Gerd: Benefit of decoupling has rather few advantages.

=> Paul to update webpage.

Trunk activity

Progress with new features...

Paul: Worked on HTTP 3rd party transfer, patch not fully ready, yet.

Tigran: Working on getting dCache to not use "level 2".

Issues from [FIXME: Add link to yesterday's Tier-1 meeting]

Xavier, Marc:

Xavier: Problem with Httpd-Service running out of mem.

Al: Could maybe also be the billing producing too many entries.

Issues from EMI

Java6 stuff

New or noteworthy

Postgres 9.2 has nice statistics/profiling table feature.

Paul: Would like to have a Webinar to share some debugging tipps.

  • Maybe some more long-lived format would be better.
  • Will have this as a series inside the Dev meeting, starting in 2 weeks

Christian: Fabio would like to have his scripts somewhere near dCache.

  • Will ask him to put it somewhere, so we can put a link in our "contrib" section.

Outstanding RT Tickets

[This is an auto-generated item. Don't add items here directly]

Marc would like to have an account. Will do.

Review of RB requests

Tigran: Review 7052 Al: 2 alarms patches, Paul, please follow up on these.

"Example.com" usage: We should get rid of example.com references in the defaults files.

Tigran to put together a patch removing these

DTNM

Proposed: same time, next week.