Changes between Initial Version and Version 1 of developers-meeting-20140604


Ignore:
Timestamp:
06/04/14 16:28:02 (5 years ago)
Author:
karsten
Comment:

--

Legend:

Unmodified
Added
Removed
Modified
  • developers-meeting-20140604

    v1 v1  
     1[[TOC(depth=0)]] 
     2 
     3[part of a [wiki:developers-meetings series of meetings]] 
     4 
     5= Participants = 
     6Karsten, Christian, Paul, Tigran, Al, Dmitry, Gerd 
     7 
     8 
     9= Agenda = 
     10 
     11[see box on the right-hand side] 
     12 
     13= Postcards = 
     14 
     15Karsten: Tickets, dcache-star, assisting DESY dot team 
     16 
     17Christian: dcache-cloud, own-cloud, tickets 
     18 
     19Al: Replica Manager, rebuilding parts of it, but decided to first gather more requirements. 
     20    Worked on tickets 
     21 
     22Dmitry: Attended some small issues, and worked with Al 
     23 
     24Gerd: Revived a patch for bootstrapping the webdav door. Bugfixes, prparing migration of DB 
     25 
     26Paul: Focusing on LSDMA work, preparing demonstrator day. Especially 3rd party copy with SAML and Globus Online 
     27      Fixed Release problem. Certificates expired. 
     28      dCache for DataPreservation. This might produce some patches. 
     29 
     30Tigran: Speeding up dCache. Current state: 300f/s for 1byte files. Cleaning up patches 
     31        Trying to fix davix library support. Running with trypical Atlas job, and NFS was 
     32        much faster than http, but needs futher checking. 
     33        Also some ownCloud client fixing. Still needs more work. 
     34 
     35Up to two minutes (uninterrupted) per person where they can answer two questions: 
     36 *  What I did last week (since the last meeting), 
     37 *  What I plan to do in the next week. 
     38 
     39No questions until we get through everyone :) 
     40 
     41= Plans for patch-releases = 
     42 
     43Should we make a new patch release? 
     44 
     45Little delayed because of the voms issue. Will be out on Thursday. 
     46 
     47There is still a patch needed for the next srmclient release, but that's not 
     48worked on, yet. 
     49For EMI (Java6) will do another 2.2 release, that should contain the patch as well. 
     50 
     51Gerd: Which version of the SRMClient should we publish on our webpage?  
     52 
     53Paul: Could we have the client as a separate package? 
     54      I am worried about server and client having different release cycled. 
     55 
     56Gerd: we can keep 2.2 for EMI and release other version based on 2.9 (lastest stable) 
     57 
     58Tigran: Making Server and Client decoupled would lead to other parts of dCache to be decoupled, too 
     59        That would cause some major changes in the structure. 
     60 
     61Gerd: Benefit of decoupling has rather few advantages. 
     62 
     63=> Paul to update webpage. 
     64 
     65 
     66= Trunk activity = 
     67 
     68Progress with new features... 
     69 
     70Paul: Worked on HTTP 3rd party transfer, patch not fully ready, yet.  
     71 
     72Tigran: Working on getting dCache to not use "level 2". 
     73 
     74= Issues from [FIXME: Add link to yesterday's Tier-1 meeting] = 
     75 
     76Xavier, Marc:  
     77 
     78Xavier: Problem with Httpd-Service running out of mem.  
     79  Al: Could maybe also be the billing producing too many entries. 
     80 
     81= Issues from EMI = 
     82 
     83Java6 stuff 
     84 
     85= New or noteworthy = 
     86 
     87Postgres 9.2 has nice statistics/profiling table feature. 
     88 
     89Paul: Would like to have a Webinar to share some debugging tipps. 
     90  - Maybe some more long-lived format would be better. 
     91  - Will have this as a series inside the Dev meeting, starting in 2 weeks 
     92  
     93Christian: Fabio would like to have his scripts somewhere near dCache. 
     94  - Will ask him to put it somewhere, so we can put a link in our "contrib" section. 
     95 
     96= Outstanding RT Tickets = 
     97 
     98[This is an [wiki:TicketActions auto-generated] item.  Don't add items here directly] 
     99 
     100Marc would like to have an account. Will do. 
     101 
     102= Review of RB requests = 
     103 
     104Tigran: Review 7052 
     105Al: 2 alarms patches, Paul, please follow up on these. 
     106 
     107 
     108"Example.com" usage: We should get rid of example.com references in the defaults files. 
     109  Tigran to put together a patch removing these 
     110 
     111 
     112= DTNM = 
     113 
     114Proposed: same time, next week.