wiki:developers-meeting-20160113
Last modified 3 years ago Last modified on 01/13/16 16:05:13

[part of a series of meetings]

Participants

Al, Jürgen, Marina, Gerd, Anupam, Christian, Tigran, Paul, Dimitry

Agenda

[see box on the right-hand side]

Postcards

Al: Final testing on resilience system, preparation of commits

Jürgen: Bug analysis in small files script, preparation for release management, understand PoolManager

Marina: Further work on REST API, several directory related functions implemented. Debugging on HTTP PUT request handler to enable chunked transfers. Preparation for release management.

Gerd: Administrative work on Copenhagen pools. On fairly big ZFS arrays, pool startup was noticeably slow and several patches resolve locking issues on the dCache side. ALICE reported xrootd problems, one of which is still under investigation.

Anupam: Continued work on patches and OpenID Connect with a focus on Indigo applications.

Christian: DCAP release containing IPv6 updates. Is the dCache community interested in a hardware survey regarding pool and database nodes? -- Looked into web testing frameworks, set up Selenium for testing the web interface.

Tigran: Lots of detail work, not a lot to report

Paul: AARC meeting (identity and access management), handling of support periods

Dimitry: dCache upgrade preparation. Assessment of BNL requests. Performance testing. Seeing massive increase in file accesses (14 mio files/d)

Special topics

Hardware survey: Do we want to present a hardware survey on our website? We'll check the legal implications. Christian will ask Patrick about this.

BNL Ticket #8871: Discussion about background and possible remedies.

BNL Ticket #8874: Christian asks about 8874, suggesting several replica managers might cause the problem. We'll contact the admins to get this information.

Trunk activity

no discussion

Issues from [FIXME: Add link to yesterday's Tier-1 meeting]

The news section of the web page needs updating.

Plans for patch-releases

Regular weekly cycle.

Review Request #8870: HTTP 3rd party copy functionality uses a nonstandard convention that occasionally gets interpreted as incorrect Webdav requests. Anupam created a patch adressing this. Since the main user of this feature is still using 2.10 and plan to only upgrade in December, we may have to backport this functionality or extend support for 2.10.

Paul will try implementing PUSH and PULL for at least 2.13.

Outstanding Documentation

n/a

Outstanding RT Tickets

[This is an auto-generated item. Don't add items here directly]

Review of RB requests

Nothing outstanding. Paul will take over work on some older patches from Karsten.

New, noteworthy and other business

Due to an update on the local DESY dCache, installation packages are unavailable for a few hours today.

DTNM

Proposed: same time, next week.